Attention all runners! Or...people who want to be runners!
I've been granted a fantastic opportunity to give away to one, special reader of this here blog, and it could be YOU! It's real simple, I promise!
The 13.1 Marathon® Series is making a stop in CHICAGO on Saturday, June 8, 2013 and YOU could participate...for FREE! You could join 5,000 runners on the streets of Chicago as they run along Lake Michigan for a beautiful 13.1 miles (with 20 party stations along the way), and then celebrate your accomplishment afterwards with food, refreshments and live entertainment.
You could also find me since I'll be there running it too!
And I know you're saying, "Jordan, how can we be eligible for this unbelievable prize?"Well let me tell you. All you need to do is leave a comment below convincing me why you should be awarded the free registration. Also, make sure you'll actually be available for race day - we don't want anyone winning and then not running! This contest is open to ANYONE from ANYWHERE in the world!
So let the comments fly! I'll be choosing a winner on Monday, April 1st - so make sure to get your name in the hat now!
11 comments:
This would be awesome! Since running the Chicago Marathon I've lacked the motivation to get outdoors! Our son was born in November and then all the holidays hit...I've come up with too many excuses! Need to get back out and pound the pavement...pick me!
Whoops, I was the first comment then realized I had to convince you why, not just enter my name!
This would be my second half, my first was over Thanksgiving and after that I completely lost the motivation to run. Just getting back into short runs now. My fiance (by then, husband!) wants to do a half and this would be the first long race we'd run together!
I've never run this race, it'll be an excuse to do another south side half.
Last year's 13.1 series chicago was the first 1/2 I ever ran, and I have ran quite a bit since then, I would love to run again to see how much I have improved! Thanks!
Dress for success. I'll wear a suit coat and shorts for event.
I started running 2 years ago while living in South Korea and have run a few half marathons and 2 full marathons there (I taught English for 3 years). But I'm originally from the US and will be moving back May 1! I've been wanting to run a race in the States for a while now and this would be absolutely amazing to be able to run as my first race in the USA.
I've been running since May 2012, and it has truly changed my life. I run for the high that I get when I'm done. There is nothing like it. While I run, I feel so happy, and while I've had my share of rough runs, I've had so many good ones. Honestly, if you would've told me when I first started running that I would be able to run 13.1 miles, I would've told you that is crazy. Well, here I am. I'm am running my first half marathon on May 5 in Palos Heights, and I would love to do this one in Chicago. Thank you for this giveaways. Jill
Please take my name out of the running...I've won free entrance through another blogger's giveaway! Happy to see that it can go to someone else now and maybe I'll run into you in Chicago!
First year i ran this 2011, it got black flagged and ended up turning around to help a friend. last year in 2012, i ended up helping a guy finish. This year, i would love to run this for time... but would never turn down to help someeone if needed.
Not lying:
http://nicolekesten.blogspot.com/2012/07/131-chicago-get-by-with-little-help.html
thanks for the opportunity.
Loving your blog. I'm just starting my journey and its great to know that I'm not in it alone!!
The Making Of A Skinny Chick Blog!
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.